Conor McGregor is in Ireland answering questions today with the media for the first time since his 10th round TKO loss to Floyd Mayweather.
Earlier we learned about where Conor’s heads at regarding his next opponent. While remaining non-committal, the UFC lightweight champion did say that he wants to see what happens in next week’s UFC 216 main event between Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee, before deciding.
Conor McGregor has been linked to potential fights against Nate Diaz, Canelo Alvarez, and Floyd Mayweather, though nothing has been decided, but his coach John Kavangh knows what fight he wants.
“December 30th is definitely not happening, I don’t know how these things get started, but they have a certain way of gaining momentum. I can also tell you that his manager rang me this morning saying that him and Conor had been in meetings all day. Obviously, tomorrow is when we would start to consider the date. If it was my choice, and I must stress that this is only my choice and that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen, it would be Nate Diaz in March, that’s what I would push towards. I have in my head that it would be a Paddy’s Day card in New York, Nate Diaz 3. I think that would be absolutely amazing. That’s what I would wish for. That’s what I’ll be leaning towards with my 0.1 percent influence when I meet with Conor and Audie (Attar) tomorrow. I want Diaz 3, Paddy’s Day in New York. Obviously, it could still be Canelo in May,” Kavanagh said again with laughter.
Respected MMA Reporter Peter Carroll reports today that Conor is willing to fight on Dec. 30, but only under certain conditions.
Check it out:
“McGregor says the only way he fights on Dec. 30 is if he only has to show for the weigh-in and then fight”
McGregor says the only way he fights on Dec. 30 is if he only has to show for the weigh-in and then fight
— Peter Carroll (@PetesyCarroll) September 29, 2017
Thank you for checking us out. Have a great day!