UFC’s Uriah Hall never made it to the official weigh-ins for UFC Fight Night 124, as the fighter was transported to the hospital after fainting. Now it would appear that the fighter is being hospitalized overnight, as the faint is now being reported as being caused by a seizure.
Check out MMA Fighting’s full report of the incident below:
After some seemingly scary moments Saturday morning, Uriah Hall is awake and talking as of Saturday night, sources told MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani. He will still, however, be kept overnight in the hospital.
The UFC middleweight was hospitalized due to a failed weight cut earlier in the day and will not be able to face Vitor Belfort in the scheduled co-main event of UFC St. Louis on Sunday night.
Hall was on weight and en route to the morning weigh-ins when he fainted and was taken to the hospital, Helwani reported. Multiple sources told Helwani that doctors believe Hall suffered a seizure.
Hall, 33, is not known for having issues cutting or making weight in the past. The New York native would have fought Belfort on Sunday in Belfort’s retirement bout. Hall (13-8) is coming off a big comeback knockout win over Krzysztof Jotko at UFC Pittsburgh in September.
The UFC released a statement about the situation Saturday:
Sunday’s UFC Fight Night co-main event between Uriah Hall and Vitor Belfort has been called off after Hall was unable to make weight for the bout at Scottrade Center in St. Louis.
The card, which airs on FS1, will proceed with 11 bouts. Moving to the main card is the featherweight bout between Darren Elkins and Michael Johnson, while the bantamweight clash between Kyung Ho Kang and Guido Cannetti moves to the FS1 prelims.
On Saturday morning, UFC strawweight fighter Paige VanZant wrote on Twitter that Hall’s situation was the scariest thing she’s ever seen.
Please send Prayers up for @UriahHallMMA scariest thing I have ever seen. ??
— Paige VanZant (@PaigeVanzantUFC) January 13, 2018
This report was provided by MMA Fighting.