Uriah Hall Breaks Silence On Weigh In Scare, Confirms He Nearly Died

Top UFC middleweight fighter Uriah Hall had a real brush with death while cutting weight for last week’s UFC Fight Night 124 event.

He was never able to make the scales, due to a reported seizure that hospitalized him during the weigh in event.

Now, taking to his own social media, Hall breaks his silence and clears the air on his current condition and what happened last week.

“I know there’s a lot of miscommunication of what’s going on. People think I punked out. I definitely want to apologize to Vitor and his camp. I know it sucks to go through all that and then not fight. I’ve been there, man, but for the record, I did make weight, I just failed to make it to the scale, which sucked.

“I never had a problem cutting weight, and what happened was I ignored some issues that happened prior. As a fighter, we don’t have sick days. I know some of you have sick days. I don’t have a sick day. So for me, it was just to show up, and I showed up, but my body just was not showing up with it.

“I don’t have to really get into details. It was a harder cut than normal because the injuries that I had didn’t allow me to really cut the weight properly. As much as I neglected my safety and my health, which was the dumbest thing to do — I will never do that again, your health is important.”

“As far as clearing up the air with, I heard I was partying in LA, what else was I doing? I wasn’t taking my training seriously and I wasn’t following procedure, there you go. You mean to tell me my entire career, all of a sudden I’m going to party in LA — it’s too funny man, oh my god, but that’s what happens when you don’t come out, like, a lot of speculations.

“I was in the hospital, of course. It was probably the most dramatic experience I’ve ever had. I mean, I was in and out of it. I was conscious, but I was unconscious. I knew what was happening but I was fighting over it. I was punching. I think I had a mini seizure and at the same time a slight heart attack. My kidneys were just not good.”

“Like I said, it was an injury that I ignored and it just caught up to me. My body was just not responsive to it. I definitely wanted to clear the air. I’m getting better, following doctor’s orders, getting checked up.

“Man, I was so ready to freakin’ throw down, but you know what? Shit happens. The doctor even said, even if I made weight, I probably would’ve died the next day because my body wasn’t having it… I did it for the fans, I did it to get paid, I did it to make sure I showed up, but at the end of the day, man, your life is not worth it.”

Here’s the full replay of Hall’s discussion with his fans:

For more MMA news click here.