GSP Puts Michael Bisping To Sleep To Become A Two Division And New Middleweight Champion

Well, the time is finally here. The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is going to see the return of former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

Fight fans are taking to the Madison Square Garden Arena in New York today for UFC 217. In the night’s main event, Georges St-Pierre will be taking on UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping.

“Rush” has not competed inside the octagon for nearly four years. Most recently, the fighter made a successful defense of his title against Johny Hendricks back in 2013. Having called an end to his career, the fighter has not competed since. However, the fighter is now set to make his middleweight debut in a title fight against the reigning champion.

The exciting UFC 217 main event is now underway, Georges St-Pierre is back inside the octagon.

The first round started off with high intensity, as St-Pierre opened things off with a series of jabs on his opponent. “The Count” probed back at St-Pierre with a head kick that barely missed its mark. St-Pierre retaliated with a big hook, that landed square on the champion.

St-Pierre began to control the pace, as Michael Bisping began fighting from his back foot. Bisping landed a few jabs on the Canadian phenom, with the crowd shouting “GSP” shortly after the exchange.

The two fighters entered a firefight, with St-Pierre landing a right hand as Bisping responded with his own damaging strikes. Still, neither fighter appeared phased as the fight continued to carry a fast pace.

St-Pierre scored his first takedown within the final 50 seconds of the first round. Bisping quickly made his way to his feet, but St-Pierre responded with a stunning superman punch that rocked the champion.

St-Pierre returned in the second round pressuring his opponent, opening things up with head kicks and shots to the body. Bisping continued to try and utilize his jab against the former welterweight champion.

Bipsing caught a body kick from the Canadian phenom, countering with a damaging right hand. Bisping then seemingly rocked his opponent with another right hand, but St-Pierre continued his fast pace against the fighter.

St-Pierre then took his opponent to the ground, but Bisping immediately shot back to his feet. The fighter quickly landed another stunning strike, putting St-Pierre on his back foot as the champion took control of the center of the octagon.

The third round opened up with Bisping appearing to be the fresher of the two fighters. St-Pierre quickly got his opponent to the ground, with Bisping pulling the fighter into his full guard.

St-Pierre landed a series of damaging elbows to the head of the champion, but Bisping retaliated with a few big strikes of his own.

Bisping continued to strike from the battle, as the fighter opened up St-Pierre’s face with a vicious cut. The champion then made his way to his feet, once again, with the fighter continuing to press the pace of the fight.

St-Pierre then landed a punishing blow to Michael Bisping, dropping the champion to the mat. St-Pierre then got the back of the champion and rear-naked choked Bisping for the UFC middleweight title.

UFC Results: Georges St-Pierre def. Michael Bisping via submission (rear-naked choke)